Bifurcation coronary disease.
European Bifurcation Club 2005, EBC 2005 – Bordeaux, France
Bifurcation coronary disease. Trials that we need
Author: Martyn Thomas, MD, Kings College Hospital, London
What do we need to study?
These trials are difficult (hence there are not very many of them!!).
- SAST, technique and pharmacology. Registry data (Olympia etc).
- New Devices. Registry Data (AXXESS plus)
- Flow or physiologically guided side branchintervention. Randomised trials some of which aready underway.
- Consensus on definitions.
- Consensus on optimal pharmacology
- Imaging registries for mechanistic insights.
- Nordic/BBC ONE establish ”gold standard” with DES, ”very simple” or ”complex.” (Non LM). Do we need to treat the side branch?
- SYNTAX establish gold standard results for DES in left main.
- Subsequent Dedicated DES bifurcation stentdata could be in registry format and comparedto the above ”gold standard”