Distal LM, a different bifurcation lesion? – Do we need a dedicated device ?
European Bifurcation Club 2006 – EBC 2006 – Rome, Italy
Distal left main a different bifurcation lesion?
Do we need a dedicated device ?
Author: Dariusz Dudek, MD, Institute of Cardiology, Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland
LEFT MAIN CORONARY ARTERY STENTING
- Dedicated devices – promising concepts but no largeclinical data, challenging technical aspects
- different size of LM vs LAD vs CX
- different length of LM body (difficult optimal stent positioningin the LM ostium !!!)
- long stents/conic needed for long lesion LM/LAD (stenting LL)
- DES devices –need for new drugs and polymers to avoid the risk of stent thrombosis (SAT & LST)
TODAY –> DEVICES for VERY SELECTED LM CASES