Advanced 3D QCA assessment of bifurcation lesions.
European Bifurcation Club 2013, EBC 2013 – London, UK
Advanced 3D QCA assessment of bifurcation lesions
Author: Chrysafios Girasis, MD, Onassis Cardiac Surgery Center Athens, Greece
Benefits of 3D QCA vs. 2D QCA
- Elimination of foreshortening-overlap
- Elimination of out-of-plane magnification
- Highly accurate length, cross-sectional area and bifurcation angle measurements
- Identification of optimal viewing angle
- 3D bifurcation reconstruction feasible and time-efficient for ≥2 2D images
- CAAS 3D 5.11 features full automatic calibration, reliability analysis and indicates the optimal viewing projection
- It features novel, accurate and precise 3-D quantitative analysis of bifurcation lesions for diameter (multiple segment models), length and bifurcation angle measures.
- Adding the optimal projection to a basic reconstruction of two suboptimal 2-D images results in higher accuracy and precision for MLD and DS values.
- There is still work to be done regarding the in vivo validation of this software, in order to determine the clinical relevance of these data.