Potential Benefits of FKB
European Bifurcation Club 2014, EBC 2014 – Bordeaux, France
NEWS 2 SESSION
Potential Benefit of FKB After Single stent approach – Insights from OCT
Author: Yoshinobu Murasato, MD, Kyushu Medical Center, Japan
The aim of this study is to assess the impact of FKI on the stent strut apposition, neointimal coverage and thrombus attachment in the coronary bifurcation lesion 9 months after either EES or SES implantation using OCT.
- FKI brought the following beneficial effects on the single stent approach in the bifurcation lesion.
- Enlarged lumen maintained in the proximal segment
- Homogeneous neointimal distribution
- Fewer jailed struts
- Fewer thrombus attachments
- Beneficial effect of FKI to achieve larger lumen in the proximal segment was weakened in DM patients probably due to more accelerated form of atherosclerosis.