Systematic treatment of the side branch in a bifurcation lesion
European Bifurcation Club 2014, EBC 2014 – Bordeaux, France
NEWS 2 SESSION
Systematic treatment of the side branch in a bifurcation lesion with a new drug eluting balloon: the DEBSIDE study.
Author: Jacques Berland, MD, Clinique Saint Hilaire, Rouen, France
- The optimal treatment of the Side Branch in a bifurcation coronary lesion is still a debate.
- Presently no study have evaluated the role of drug eluting balloon SB inflation after placement of a drug eluting stent in the Main Branch .
- The DEBSIDE study is a prospective non randomized multi-center study evaluating the DANUBIO balloon for the treatment of SB (SB ≥ 2 mm diameter) after placement of a dedicated Paclitaxel Nile PAX stent in the main branch of a bifurcation lesion.
- Systematic final inflation of a Danubio balloon in the side branch after placement of a Nile Pax stent in the main vessel for the treatment of a bifurcation lesion , gives a very low late lumen loss and restenosis rate at the side branch ostium.
- This simple strategy through a new Sirolimus coated Nile Stent has to be compared to more complex procedures using two stents.