Efficiency of Drug Coated Balloon after Directional Coronary Artherectomy for Coronary Bifurcation Lesions
European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
Efficiency of Drug Coated Balloon after Directional Coronary Artherectomy for Coronary Bifurcation Lesions – DCA/DCB Registry –As an Option of Stent-less PCI Strategy for Bifurcation Lesions-
Author: Shunsuke Kitani, MD, Tokeidai Memorial Hospital, Japan
- The optimal strategy for bifurcation lesions still remains controversial even in DES era.
- DCA-alone had high restenosis rate (20-50%) and TLR rate (15-37%) due to excessive intimal hyperplasia after DCA.
- Combined DCA and DES for bifurcation lesions reduced restenosis rates (Maiin V 1.1%, SB 3.4%).
- To evaluate the efficacy and safety of DCA/DCB forbifurcation lesions.
- DCA/DCB for bifurcation lesions provided good clinical outcomes, minimizing side branch damage.
- DCA/DCB can be one of the good options as stent-less PCI strategy for bifurcation lesions, especially LMT.