From QFR to OFR: Intracoronary OCT derived FFR for Assessment of Stenosis Severity
European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
From QFR to OFR: Intracoronary OCT-derived FFR for assessment of stenosis severity
Author: Shengxian Tu, MD, PhD, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Limitations of angiography-based FFR
- Angiographic image overlap and significant foreshortening
- Post-PCI optimization: stent mal-apposition/under-expansion
OFR Analysis Steps
- Automatic OCT lumen contour delineation and 3D reconstruction
- Automatic reconstruction of cut- planes at the side branches ostia
- Compute OFR using the QFR algorithm
- OFR (OCT-based FFR) provides lesion morphology and physiological assessment in a single OCT pullback.
- Compared with FFR, OFR showed good diagnostic accuracy, excellent reproducibility and short analysis time.
- OFR had substantially better diagnostic accuracy than OCT-MLA.
- OFR is promising for use in the cath lab for PCI optimization.