European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
Author: Robert Jan Van Geuns, MD, PhD, Radboud UMC, The Netherlands
- After 2 years, in patients undergoing LM-PCI, a Bio-absorbable Polymer Everolimus-Eluting Platinum Chromium stent (Synergy) followed by 4 months DAPT was non-inferior to a Permanent Polymer Everolimus- Eluting Cobalt Chromium stent (Xience) followed by 12 months DAPT with respect to the composite end point of death from any cause or MI or ischemia-driven target vessel re-vascularization.
- No difference in ischemic events up to 24 months
• No difference in definite/probable stent thrombosis
• No stent thrombosis in either group from 4 to 12 months (Synergy off DAPT)
- Excess BARC 3 or 5 bleeding in short DAPT group but… •4/11 were on OAC/NOAC (2 on triple Rx) and 7/11 were off DAPT • Trial not powered for bleeding events