Lessons Learned from COBIS Studies 2004 to 2019
European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
Keynote lecture: Lessons learned from COBIS studies: 2004 to 2019
Author: Bon Kwon Koo, MD, PhD & Young Bin Song, MD, PhD, Seoul National University Hospital, Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
WHAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE?
- Safer access: More trans-radial approach
- Better stents and better stenting technique
- Better PCI technique: Better kissing, NC balloon….
- Better concept: Imaging guidance, SB relevance
Better risk stratification: SB occlusion, risk stratification
- COBIS registry started with bifurcation PCI patients since 2004 are s till ongoing with dedicated QCA core laboratory/CRO, independent st atistical analysis team and event adjudication committee.
- Results of COBIS studies expanded our knowledge on bifurcation tr eatment and improved the patients’ clinical outcomes.
- Ongoing COBIS III study will provide more insights on coronary bifu rcation lesions and their treatment.