Outcome After One Stent Technique in Bifurcation
European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
Outcome After One Stent Technique in Bifurcation: SB Strut Opening VS. Leave Alone
Author: Chang-Wook Nam, MD, PhD, Keimyung University Dongsan Hospital, Korea
PURPOSE OF THE CURRENT STUDY
The aim of the current study is to evaluate the long-term clinical outcome according to SB opening procedure of bifurcation lesion after 1-stent crossover technique from COBIS 3 registry.
- Not free from selection bias as an observational study.
- Additional imaging study may have provided more information on the plaque progression
- The number of patients and events was too small to properly adjust for an adequate statistical power.
- The duration of a dual antiplatelet therapy for these higher- risk patients is still controversial
- There is the improvement of acute angiographic result in SB opening after simple crossover stenting.
- However, SB opening after simple crossover stenting did not show improvement in long-term clinical outcome compared to leave alone after simple crossover stenting.
- In addition, in both left main and true bifurcation, the simple crossover wit h additional SB opening did not showed a better long-term clinical outcome.
- Therefore, routine KBT after simple crossover may not be recommended. Provisional approach with FFR guidance will help to select the patients who need additional complex bifurcation procedure.