European Bifurcation Club 2005, EBC 2005 – Bordeaux, France
DEBATE – STATE OF THE ART: DES
One Stent Only
Author: Manuel Pan, MD, Hospital Reina Sofia, Spain
WHY ONE STENT ONLY
- Comparative studies did not demonstrate a superiority of two stents over one stent and balloon dilation of the side branch.
- In terms of TLR there was a tendency in favour of patients treated by one stent.
- 1997 First comparison one vs two stentsin bifurcation lesions:
- …Radical stent reconstruction seems to provide no advantages over the simpler stent jail followed byostial side branch balloon dilation.
- 2005 August 16, Editorial Comment in JACC:
- …the simple approach of drug-eluting stenting of the main branch with provisional stenting of theside branch remains a reasonable option with a very acceptable profile of safety and effectiveness.