European Bifurcation Club 2019, EBC 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
CONSENSUS SESSION – VOTING
When Treating Distal LM with Provisional Approach We Should Systematically Remove Struts in front of the SB – NO!
Author: Imad Sheiban, MD, PhD, Pederzoli Hospital -Pechiera D/G (Verona), Italy
Why KBI ?
- To keep SB open and avoid peri-procedural SB occlusion ( MI )
- Optimise stent expansion at the carina
- Cover SB ostium with the stent
- Correct stent deformation caused by SB opening
- Keep access for future interventions
- In single stenting avoid unnecessary KBI ; kissing balloon inflation or pressure wire interrogation, should be used when an angiographically significant (>70%) side branch lesion remains ader main branch stenting
- Proximal Optimization Technique (POT) – if no symptoms , no T-ST modifications and TIMI III flow in SB – should not be followed by KBI or any intervention on
- When required KBI should be performed optimally and followed by final POT to insure optimal expansion and stent apposition